Monday, January 27, 2014

Origami Love Lollipops




With valentines day just around the corner, the girls and I made some super simple lollipop filled hearts to pass out to their friends. 
Here is a quick how to for you!


To create you will need

magazines or old calenders


scissors
lollipops
hole punch
double sided tape


1. Cut a square out of an old calender or magazine. 
2. Cut your square in half to create a triangle.
3. Fold the top point of the triangle up as shown.
4. Fold the left side up. 


5. Fold right side up so that your paper forms a square.
6.  Flip your paper over. 
7. Fold down the top corners of the paper over to the sides.
8. This creates the heart shape!


 9. Gently unfold your heart and punch a hole at the tip of your heart.
10. Slide your lollipop into the hole.
11. Place a piece of double sided tape on your lollipop and and fold the top back down.
12. Add a bit more tape on the sides and fold back up.



13. It should now look like this ~ almost there...
14. Fold in the top and side points to round out your heart.
Fini!


So lovely to play with flower photos this time of the year. Their bright colors remind me that spring is sure to come!


*Warning* folding these hearts may be addictive! Once we started it was hard to stop. It was such a delight to see how quickly & magically each flower photo became a heart.


We look forward to passing out some flower dressed sweet love. 





Here's to spreading the love!


Shanti

19 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I have always wanted to try origami!

    I would love for you to hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday.
    (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a cheerful scene on this blustery day. I have a stack of old Nikki McClure calendars that I can't seem to part with - I'll have to try this. Thanks for the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a self admitted paper freak so I just had to learn more about your valentines pops. They are so wonderfully clever and a great option to candy! I would love to feature on www.ritewhileucan.com for an upcoming post on Valentine's Day. I would love to use one of your photos and have a direct link back to your site? Please let me know. Found you via TellMeAboutitTuesday (silly sarah).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Thank you. It will go up on Tues, Feb 4, 2014. Thanks so much. Feel free to promo on your social media streams too. And, have a lovely Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  4. Another incredibly cute idea. Thanks so much for sharing...Aloha, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Shanti - so clever! We're big origami lovers! Thank you for sharing. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome idea! pinned it and will see if my daughter wants to mass produce these for all her friends. we always forget valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try these! I do origami so seldom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try these out right now. Thanks for this post, Stacey!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures of heart remind me the blood circulation in my body. I was facing some problems in the past with my blood flow to my heart. doctors suggested me to use Acupressure bed to get healthier. And Now I am living healthy life.

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails